Why, you ask? Because coffee can be a pretty amazing thing for your brain, your skin and your body.
Here is why you should wake up and have a cup of Joe every day:
- Just smelling the coffee can make you less stressed. Researchers have found that the aroma of coffee lowers stress levels.
- Coffee lessens the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease. Not only does it help those with Parkinson’s control their movements, but people are also less likely to develop the disease.
- Coffee can make you feel happier. The reason behind the happiness coffee provides? The antioxidants we get from it.
- Less likely to be depressed. A study found that those who drank 4 or more cups of coffee a day were 10 percent less likely to be depressed.
- Lower levels of suicide. Drinking between 2 and 4 cups of coffee a day reduces the risk of suicide by about 50 percent. Coffee acts as a mild antidepressant by aiding in the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline.
- Coffee helps keep your brain healthier for longer. Moderate coffee consumption can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s or delay the onset. Coffee allows your brain t work in a more efficient and smarter way.
Coffee is pretty awesome, so drink up!
Check out our sister blog for more fun and interesting reads! starpointcounselingcenter.wordpress.com