- Friendly neighbors. When people feel like they are part of their neighborhood, have friendly neighbors whom they feel would help out with just about anything, and trust most of their neighbors, their heart attack risk goes down.
- Telling the truth. Honesty is the best policy, especially when it comes to health. Lets face it, lying is stressful because it requires a better memory.
- Windows at work. Exposure to light has beneficial effects on mood, alertness, and metabolism. According to studies, office worker with more light exposure had better sleep quality, longer sleep duration, were more active, and had a better quality of life.
- Green plants. Speaking of the workplace, simply adding attractive greenery makes workers feel more engaged with work, better able to concentrate, and healthier.
- Water. Being in it, on it, or near it can calm an exhausted mind, reduce stress, and increase physical activity.
- Nature. Sun exposure, plants, and water sounds a lot like being out in nature. Spending time outdoors increases your happiness and reduces stress.
- Moderate worrying. According to a study, moderate worriers are more likely to live longer, healthier lives because they can envision the worst and prepare for it. They are also less likely to take foolish risks.