As the holidays approach, families come together, and communication difficulties can emerge. Here are some difficulties that commonly occur:
1) Family members experience arguments and misinterpretations frequently.
2) Positive comments and affirmations occur rarely or not expressed at all.
3) Family members interrupt or talk over each other frequently.
4) Many times miscommunication occurs.
Some goals to combat these difficulties are:
1) to identify the problem areas of communication.
2) Gradually discuss particularly volatile topics with reduced tension and conflict.
3) Improve and increase the number of positive verbal comments.
To learn more about how to improve communication visit http://www.starpointcounselingtampa.com/ or call 813-244-1251 to set up an appointment!