We all get stressed out from time to time and we need to relax. Here are a few tips on how to relax.
- Sit down, close your eyes and slowly take 10 deep breaths. Slowly inhale through your nose feeling your abdomen, then slowly exhale through your mouth.
- Take a warm bath with dim lights or candles and think about happy things in your life.
- Go for a walk around your neighborhood, in the park, on the beach or at the mall. Light exercise like walking is very good for relaxing your body and mind.
- Watch a comedy special or a comedy show. It lowers cortisol, your body’s stress hormone, and boosts brain chemicals called endorphins, which help your mood.
- Listen to some soothing music. Research shows that listening to soothing music can lower blood pressure, heart rate, and anxiety.