Often times we think we are in love, but in reality we are so caught up with the idea of love and being love that we confuse the two.
These are some signs that you are in love with the idea of love:
1. You believe your life will begin once you have the love of your life. Your life and happiness revolves around finding your significant other.
2. You’re dreaming of your wedding and the life you’ll have with someone, and you’re just looking for someone to fit into that role, not the other way around. You are fixated on what the relationship can do for you, not what you can give to it.
3. You know you don’t really love them, but you’re holding on to the love they give. You’re often times find yourself convincing yourself that you’re in love
4. You have this inclination to want to change your partner or drag things out when you know it’s not going to work out in the long-run.
5. You’re never single for too long. You don’t take the necessarily time to heal after a failed relationship. You just jump from one to the next.
6. You can’t seem to take it slow, even when you try to. All of a sudden you become obsessed with the other person, you’re around them all the time, you are literally addicted to the feeling of being with them.