“I had no idea if I wanted to work on my relationship. There was so much pain and resentment that I was stuck. This process took off all of the pressure I’ve been feeling from my spouse to make it work – which helped me to make the best decision for myself and my family.”
About 1/3 of couples that contact us are on the brink of ending their relationship.
Often one person wants the relationship and the other is concerned that being happy and being together is impossible.
For these couples – traditional couples counseling does not make sense.
Instead – you need a therapist who takes you through a process to see if you both can get on board with working on your relationship of if it’s time to call it quit.
Affordable Counseling Center in Tampa Fl. & Brandon Fl. gives you:
- Clarity about how you got to this difficult spot
- 3 options of how to move forward
- Confidence in what path you want to take moving forward
Frequently Asked Questions Marriage Counseling in Brandon Fl. & Tampa Fl.
- How do I know if Make-It-or-Break-It Counseling is for us? This type of counseling is for couples where one or both members of the couple are unsure if they want the relationship to proceed. We find this type of counseling is especially suited for these types of couples and situations:
- Couples Unsure if they want to move forward with their relationship – Sometimes one or both partners are unsure if they have the feelings or motivation to work on their relationship.
- A Recent Affair was Uncovered – An affair has been revealed and it’s unclear if both of the partners want to work on repairing the relationship.
- Want to Want It – Some people come to us and although they don’t have the feelings of admiration for their partner – they want to get them back and want to know if it’s possible.
- Relationship on the Brink of Divorce – Sometimes it seems like a relationship is not fixable. Affordable Counseling Center can help couples understand if their situation is workable.
- One Partner is In – One Partner is Out – One person wanting the relationship and the other person wanting out is a common predicament. Affordable Counseling Center provides a forum to see if there is middle ground between the two positions. This is of utmost importance because traditional couples therapy will almost surely fail if both partners do not have similar goals.
- Is there hope for us? Often a relationship that had been on the brink can be transformed into a better relationship than ever before. This is only possible if each person learns the skills necessary to be successful in relationships. At Affordable Counseling Center in Tampa Fl. & Brandon Fl. we know the skills and teach them to couples every day.