Almost everyone occasionally engages in narcissistic behavior, however, Narcissism is excessive self-involvement that causes a person to ignore the needs of others.
For those who experience Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD,) they usually have personalities characterized be intense self-involvement and disregard for others.
WHAT CAUSES A NARCISSISTIC PERSON TO PERFORM BEHAVIORS?
- Preoccupation with fantasies of extreme success, power, or fame.
- Constant need for admiration and affirmation.
- A strong sense of entitlement.
- Envy of others, particularly their achievements, or belief that others should envy them.
- Belief that they are special or unique.
SYMPTOMS OF NARCISSISTIC BEHAVIOR:
– Attention seeking
Therapy can help with narcissism. At Star Point Counseling center, The right therapist can support a person with NPD to understand the effects of their condition and steadily move toward healthier behaviors.