It may seem silly or embarrassing to ask for outside help in dealing with issues in your marriage.
You may even question, “Does marriage counseling work? Is marriage counseling effective?
Not everyone is comfortable discussing their private affairs with a stranger, and some even worry that couples counseling means that they’ve failed in their marriage. This is not at all the case.
A trained professional can offer objective insight into your relationship issues and see things that a couple may be having trouble seeing on their own.
Many times a couple will keep having the same arguments over and over without knowing how to get to the root of what’s causing the argument in the first place.
The following are a few reasons to consider marriage counseling, although this is not an exhaustive list:
- You keep having the same argument over again
- Your spouse has cheated on you
- You’ve had an affair or are considering having one
- A lack of communication
- A lack of intimacy
- Addiction is causing stress in your marriage
- Conflict over having/raising children
- You are facing financial problems
- You are having intimacy issues