There are many reasons why a couple might seek marriage counseling at Affordable Counseling Center in Tampa Fl, and Brandon Fl. While some people are at a higher risk for divorce due to factors such as marrying at an early age, having divorced parents, or being in a lower income bracket, none of these alone are signs you need counseling.
Instead, you should consider aspects of your relationship that might be contributing to distress, dissatisfaction, or conflict. Consider the following questions about yourself, your partner, and your marriage:
- Do you and your partner have conflicts over religious faith or values?
- Do you often criticize one another?
- Is there a lot of defensiveness in your marriage?
- Do you tend to withdraw from one another?
- Do you feel contempt, anger, or resentment for one another?
- Do you believe your communication is poor?
- Do you feel indifferent to your partner?
- Do you feel like you and your partner have nothing in common?
- Do you feel like you are growing apart from your partner?
If you answered “yes” to several of these questions, then you may have a higher risk for relationship dissatisfaction and divorce. It doesn’t mean that divorce is inevitable, but it may mean that you have to work much harder to keep your relationship healthy and happy. A marriage counselor at Affordable Counseling Center in Tampa Fl, and Brandon Fl, can help you with that work.
There are many reasons why a marriage might reach a point that counseling in Tampa Fl, and Brandon Fl, is needed. The stress of daily life combined with the demands of work and family can make it more difficult for couples to feel close and connected.
It’s important to remember that thinking about marriage counseling isn’t a sign that your relationship is doomed. Instead, it indicates a willingness to do the work to improve your marriage, strengthen your communication, and grown closer to your partner.
Spouses who have realistic expectations of one another and their marriage, communicate well, use conflict resolution skills, and are compatible with one another are less at risk for divorce.
And even these couples can benefit from counseling in Tampa Fl, and Brandon Fl, at times of transition or simply to reinforce their communication skills and strong connection.