The curent state of affairs makes mental health professionals just as needed as our counterparts in the helping professions at this time. There is so much uncertainty that comes with dealing with society today. This unprecedented issue society is facing globally gives us all an experience that many of us haven’t faced before. It also gives us something in common. Many people are losing emplyment, or loved ones in the wake of all this. In relation to grief and loss this applies as the process of adapting to a significant loss that can vary dramatically from one person to another. It often depends on a person’s background, beliefs, and relationship to what was lost. What comes next is how to cope. The five stages of grief are listed as denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Through these difficult times that comes with the rollercoaster of emotion it wouldn’t be uncommon to go through these stages in intervals, more than once, or in any given order. It may put a strain on your marriage or family as well. This is what makes marriage therapy, couples counseling, individual sessions, and family therapy essential in helping to build the tools to cope and make it through all this. You’re not alone and there is help through this.
Category Archives: Grief
What stage of your relationship are you in? Are there contentions you and your partner are looking to work through? Are you undecided on whether the relationship is worth salvaging? Are you breaking up? If you have have had a difficult experience in either of these stages, would you be surprisd to hear therapy is more than just being for couples trying to strengthen their relationship? Well, guess what? It doesn’t matter the rhyme or the reason, or the time of the season, therapy is a good way to strengthen a bond, come to a decision on whether the relationship is worth it, or split up amicably with no regret and with closure. The point is, that marriage and family therapy or couple’s counseling is more than the title implies, peeling back the onion so to speak on how diverse relationships are as well as the issues couples and spouses face trying to make them work. There is no shame or guilt in seeing a marriage therapist and in couple’s counseling you learn to deal with any shame or guilt contention has brought you. Give therapy a try today. You won’t regret it!
Ask yourself how long you want to sit with these pestering negative thoughts and contentions that you’re letting hold you back from living the life you deserve. Fulfilled and full love and happiness. The world isn’t perfect and neither are you but that doesn’t mean you deserve to suffer. Manifest the lifestyle and well-being you seek. Experience rapid results on from discovering your life purpose, removing blocks, improving relationships, reducing anxiety, managing pain, increasing abundance, and habit control. Whether you need an individual counseling session, a marriage counseling session, or a family therapy session to tackle a widely diverse array of problems and issues Star Point Counseling Center has the experience and talent to help you actualize the change you want and provides the tools to help you make it happen. You’re in the driver seat. Give counseling with Star Point in Brandon and Tampa a call today!
Conflict in a relationship is completely natural…
As incredible as life is, it is not without its challenges. While some of those challenges are beyond our control, many are the outcome of the path we chose.
We all make bad choices and pursue wrong avenues. We all find ourselves in unfulfilling relationships and lack luster careers. At one point or another, we are all unkind to ourselves. Our thoughts take us to negative places, where depression, anxiety and feelings of being overwhelmed take over.
Usually people seek out therapy when they are having a hard time managing it alone. Its one of those things that we resist, convinced that we can work it out ourselves. Most of the times we do work it out, but often we accrue baggage along the way, forming habits and patterns that over time can lead us to places of dissatisfaction and unhappiness. Deciding to seek out therapy is not easy. There could be fear, apprehension, uncertainty and maybe even a little hope, that this may be the right place to help you in figuring it all out. Whether its relationship related issues, or more individual issues motivating you, therapy can help.
It is a chunk of weekly time solely focused on you. Whether you use that time to let off steam about the pressures of the job and life or use it to examine your choices and behaviors, this time spent on you is an investment. Therapy can be life altering in helping you get what you want. It is a process and takes time, but with motivation and determination to fix what isn’t working, usually comes positive change.
Whether you are struggling with worry, panic, obsessions and compulsions, substance abuse, anger, loneliness, hopelessness, sadness, low self-esteem, thoughts of suicide, relationship problems, or a combination of all of the above, please know that many of us have been there.
No matter how deep and dark of a space you feel you are in please know that you don’t have to be alone. In fact, the isolation you are likely feeling could be the worst part. People care about you. Change is possible. Affordable Counseling in Tampa Fl. & Brandon Fl. has helped thousands and thousands of people with depression counseling, stress counseling, depression counseling, marriage counseling, couples counseling and relationship counseling.
Causes of stress. The situations and pressures that cause stress are known as stressors. … Of course, not all stress is caused by external factors. Stress can also be internal or self-generated, when you worry excessively about something that may or may not happen, or have irrational, pessimistic thoughts about life.
- The death of a loved one.
- Loss of a job.
- Increase in financial obligations.
- Getting married.
- Moving to a new home.
- Chronic illness or injury.
- Emotional problems (depression, anxiety, anger, grief, guilt, low self-esteem)
Physical symptoms of stress include:
Some examples of good ways to deal with stress:
- Low energy.
- Upset stomach, including diarrhea, constipation, and nausea.
- Aches, pains, and tense muscles.
- Chest pain and rapid heartbeat.
- Frequent colds and infections.
- Loss of sexual desire and/or ability.
- Take some deep breaths.
- Talk to someone you trust.
- Create a stress diary, note down when you feel stressed and why.
- Have a health check with your doctor.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Try to avoid smoking, alcohol and caffeine.
- Make time for things you enjoy.
The Christmas season is meant to be a time of joy, but for many people it can be a time of stress, anxiety, disappointment or loneliness. Christmas comes with high expectations of perfect, happy families enjoying luxurious celebrations and gifts, but not all of us are able to live up to these ideals.
Some people experience feelings of isolation, financial pressures or increased family conflict that can make this a very stressful time of year.
However, there are some steps you can take to help manage stress and anxiety during the festive period.
Taking care of money worries
Is the festive season a burden on your wallet? Here are some tips for managing your Christmas finances and reducing your financial stress during the silly season:
- Identify what’s causing you financial stress. Buying gifts and attending social get togethers can be expensive. Plan ways to reduce spending. For example, you could suggest to your family and friends that you only buy gifts for the kids, or organise a ‘Secret Santa’ among the adults. Set a budget and stick to it.
- Find low cost ways to have fun. Don’t let money cut you off from your family and friends. If you can’t afford expensive restaurant meals or cocktail catch-ups, organise a BBQ in the park or a party at home where everyone brings a plate of food.
Dealing with family tension
Just because you’re related doesn’t mean your family members will all get along. Split families and unresolved conflicts may contribute to Christmas anxiety. Family and relationship problems can be a trigger for anxiety.
Here are some ideas for getting through:
- Set realistic expectations. Christmas might not be the fabulous family reunion you hoped for. Plan how you will manage any feelings of anxiety or depression that may arise.
- Put the kids first. If you have children, consider putting aside ongoing adult conflicts in their interest. Think about Christmas as a day for the kids and focus on enabling their happiness.
- Drink in moderation. It may be tempting to drink too much during the festive period, but alcohol can contribute to stress, anxiety and depression. Alcohol may be a problem if you’re drinking to cope.
- Avoid known triggers. If your family has a history of arguing over a certain topic, don’t bring it up.
There are ways to overcome loneliness if you find yourself isolated or grieving a loved one over the Christmas period.
- Connect with friends and family. Even if you’re separated by distance, you can stay in touch with loved ones online or by phone.
- Volunteer. Why not lend a hand to a local shelter over Christmas? There are lots of charities who need help. You’ll connect with people and feel good about making a positive contribution.
- Find out what’s on locally and get involved. Whether it’s Christmas carols or local markets, getting out and about can help relieve loneliness.
- Make plans for Christmas Day. Develop a plan in advance to avoid feeling depressed or stressed on the day. Perhaps make yourself a special breakfast, buy yourself a gift in advance so that you can enjoy on the day, attend a local church service, or take a stroll through the local park to give yourself a treat.
Stay healthy to avoid Christmas anxiety
anxiety counseling Tampa Fl. & Brandon Fl, Stress counseling Tampa Fl & Brandon Fl, Depression counseling Tampa Fl & Brandon Fl
Almost everyone experiences some form of anxiety in their lifetime. It’s a natural part of being human and has served some pretty important functions in our survival as a species, such as knowing when to fight or flee from a predator. However, when anxiety begins to manifest randomly and without warning, it can wreak havoc on your whole life.
If worrying has long ceased serving you, you are not alone. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, over 40 million people in the US suffer from some form of anxiety, making it the most common mental health issue in the country. It is also the number one health issue facing women in America, with men being not far behind.
Modern society does little to mitigate the effects of anxiety. Our highly competitive, success-oriented social model feeds on it; our obsession with social media and electronics camouflages it; our culture’s lack of regard for the importance of mental health perpetuates it. Add to that the stressors of everyday life and possible hereditary cues, as well as personal and environmental factors, and it is no wonder anxiety affects so many people.
The good news is, anxiety is a well-researched and highly treatable condition. With the help of a compassionate and skilled anxiety specialist, you can make sense of the confusion, end the cycle of fear and get on top of your life.
Our Therapist’s can help you with Anxiety Counseling in Brandon Fl. & Tampa Fl. at Affordable Counseling Center
Are you not sleeping well, eating regularly or finding time to take care of yourself? Is excessive stress or worry making it increasingly difficult to manage relatively mundane tasks, such as going to work or interacting with family members or friends? Do you feel detached from yourself, uncomfortable in your own skin or numb to the things that once gave you pleasure? Perhaps the prospects of retirement, having children or changes in a relationship have left you worried about the future and wondering, “What next?”
It could be that a traumatic event has left you walking around in a state of constant fear and you want help resolving the cloud of doom that never seems to lift. Or maybe you are experiencing a rapid heartbeat, chronic pain, digestive issues, muscle tension or other physical discomforts, and you worry about the damage stress may be doing to your body. Do you wish you could control your thoughts, understand your emotions and improve all aspects of your life and well-being?
Affordable Counseling Center helps with Anxiety Counseling in Tampa Fl & Brandon Fl.