Caregiver role strain is experienced when a caregiver feels overwhelmed and is unable to perform their role to the best of their ability.
SIGNS OF ROLE STRAIN:
- Insomnia or not enough sleep
- Too much sleep
- Chronic tiredness and exhaustion
- Change in appetite
- Crying easily and often
- Gaining or losing weight
WHAT CAUSES ROLE STRAIN?
- Living with the person you are caring for
- Social isolation
- Preexisting mental health issues like depression
- Financial difficulties
- Lack of choice in being a caregiver
IT IS OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY:
Everyone needs to be uplifted once in a while. A great way to conquer this problem is by staying organized, continue to provide what you can, create a great support team and or try counseling to discuss possible solutions.
At Star Point Counseling Center in Tampa, FL and Brandon, FL we are currently offering online and over the phone counseling in Tallahassee, Orlando, Jacksonville, and Gainesville, Florida!